Frequently Asked Questions
What is Acro?
• Acro is a playful practice that builds strength and flexibility while improving communication skills and building trust in oneself and others. Acro explores static poses and dynamic transitions that involve at least two people. The three traditional roles are "base," "flyer," and "spotter" (who is utilized for safety and support throughout the learning process). Common styles of Acro include: L-basing, Therapeutics, Counterbalancing, and Standing. Acro is as accessible as it is impressive, and can be suitable for all ages and experience levels.
• Acro is a cooperative sport that relies on teamwork and bolsters communication and cooperation techniques
Do I need yoga experience?
• No yoga experience is required!
Do I need to bring a partner?
• Acro is practiced in groups of 3–4 so participants can base, fly, and spot each other safely through skills
• Any exclusive partnerships will be respected (please inform the instructors prior to class)
What should I wear?
• wear form-fitting athletic clothing:
• avoid pants with pockets
• avoid pants made from slick fabric (like basketball shorts)
• avoid sheer pants (like thin leggings/tights)
• tie back long hair
• shower or wash hands & feet before class
• ensure fingernails and toenails are trimmed and clean
• avoid using perfume or scented lotions before class
What should I bring with me to class?
• drinking water
• a workout towel to wipe up sweat
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
• Contact Us!
Why Try Acro?
Acro is as FUN and ACCESSIBLE as it is IMPRESSIVE!
Austin, Texas is home to one of the largest acro communities in the world.
If you want something social to do after work…
If you are looking for a fun way to get in shape…
If you are an athlete ready to take your fitness to new heights…
If you are a yogi ready to bring connection and teamwork into your practice…
If you have ever been a dancer or gymnast…
If you have never been a dancer or gymnast…
If you have never even been able to touch your toes…
If you like feeling strong...
If you want a hobby that offers friendship, fitness, and fun…
If you want to laugh like a kid again…
If you have ever dreamed of flying…
This is where you belong.
Join us today to experience the excitement of this playful practice and see for yourself why it is sweeping the nation!