Frequently Asked Questions
What is Acro?
• The term "Acro" is short for "acrobatic partner yoga" or "acroyoga"
• Acro is a cooperative and social sport with a focus on strength, flexibility, and communication
• Acro is the exploration of static poses and dynamic transitions that involve at least two people, at least one of which is not in contact with the ground
Do I need to bring a partner?
• Acro is practiced in groups of 3–4 so participants can base, fly, and spot each other safely through skills
• Any exclusive partnerships will be respected (please inform the instructors prior to class)
What should I wear?
• wear form-fitting athletic clothing:
• avoid pants with pockets
• avoid pants made from slick fabric (like basketball shorts)
• avoid sheer pants (like thin leggings/tights)
• tie back long hair
• shower or wash hands & feet before class
• ensure fingernails and toenails are trimmed and clean
• avoid using perfume or scented lotions before class
What should I bring with me to class?
• drinking water
• a workout towel to wipe up sweat
Why Try Acro?
Acro is as FUN and ACCESSIBLE as it is IMPRESSIVE!
Austin, Texas is home to one of the largest acro communities in the world.
If you want something social to do after work…
If you are looking for a fun way to get in shape…
If you are an athlete ready to take your fitness to new heights…
If you are a yogi ready to bring connection and teamwork into your practice…
If you have ever been a dancer or gymnast…
If you have never been a dancer or gymnast…
If you have never even been able to touch your toes…
If you like feeling strong...
If you want a hobby that offers friendship, fitness, and fun…
If you want to laugh like a kid again…
If you have ever dreamed of flying…
This is where you belong.
Join us today to experience the excitement of this playful practice and see for yourself why it is sweeping the nation!