Join us Saturday, March 23 to learn how to base, fly, and spot fundamental acroyoga poses.
Arrive solo or bring a friend! Perfect for complete beginners! Mats provided!
WHAT IS ACRO?
Acro is a playful practice that builds strength and flexibility while improving communication skills and building trust in oneself and others. Acro explores static poses and dynamic transitions that involve at least two people. The three traditional roles are "base," "flyer," and "spotter" (who is utilized for safety and support throughout the learning process). Common styles of Acro include: L-basing, Therapeutics, Counterbalancing, and Standing. Acro is as accessible as it is impressive, and can be suitable for all ages and experience levels.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- shower or wash hands & feet before class
- ensure fingernails and toenails are trimmed and clean
- avoid using perfume or scented lotions before class
- tie back long hair
- wear form-fitting athletic clothing:
- avoid pants with pockets
- avoid pants made from slick fabric
- avoid sheer pants
WHAT TO BRING:
- drinking water
- a workout towel for sweat